Monday, May 5, 2014

Today I Need a Little Inspiration

 
What's in a name?
 


Today I need a little inspiration. Yes, as sad as really I am. I am no longer the Oh So Unusual Housewife and haven't been for such a long while now. I just haven't had... well anyhow... Friday would have been our sixth year anniversary and dammit... I so thought I 'd be happier to be divorced although cannot say that I am. Anyhow, looking for a little guidance. I thought to look to Julia Child, a guidance that escaped me quite sometime ago.


http://ceffitness.blogspot.com/2011/10/week-2.html

I've always had a thing for sauces and dressings.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/6544361931901835/
 
Béchamel

The basic sauce takes only a few minutes to make.

2 TBSP butter

3 TBSP flour

2 Cups milk

1/4 TSP salt

Salt and pepper to taste

In a saucepan melt butter on low heat. Blend flour and cook slowly stirring until the butter and flour froth together for 2 minutes without coloring. While blending butter and flour have milk with salt heating in a separate saucepan.
Remove the butter flour mixture from heat. As soon as the bubbles disappear, pour the hot milk into the saucepan. Immediately use a wire wisk to combine the milk, butter, and flour completely over moderately high heat. Boil for about a minute, while stirring. Remove from heat add additional salt and pepper.

Shockingly one of my most favorite attempts of a variation
http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/9780375413407_p0_v3_s260x420.JPG for the sauce was when I added a bay leaf and two whole cloves setting the oven on low heat and placing the sauce in a cast iron skillet allowing the flavors to set in for about half an hour: adding in extra butter as necessary, I'm sure.


From Mastering the Art of French cooking


Only a little something to brighten my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say... leave a comment

Sociable