Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Library

I am in the library. I know shocking to believe. What one will find believable is I happen to have been browsing the children's book section for awhile. Now, of course the first book I pick had to be Dr. Seuss. I know. I know. Dr. Seuss, he is a legend. The rhymes and illustrations have been teaching beginning readers for, well, for longer than I could possibly imagine.

I was looking through the books and was suddenly brought back to my elementary school library. I closed my eyes, used my imagination, and I was almost transported in time to a magnificent magical place of make believe. Almost, not quite, just almost. I looked through the children's literature. Amelia Bedelia, Curious George, a few others I forgot were such an important part of learning. Fairy tales, tall tales, excitement, and pretty pictures. A wonderment full of never ending curiosity.

I'm still having a hard time deciding what I will choose to bring to my babies in hopes they might for a few minutes listen to mommy read a little something. There are so many books I want to share with them. I just cannot wait until they both might be able to sit still in the library. So very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say... leave a comment

Sociable