Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Thoughts



A Moving Expression of Love
Sonnet 43

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breath and height
My soul can reach, When feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and Ideal Grace

I copied this straight from the back of a book I found when I was just seventeen. The book was written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Sonnets From The Portuguese wasn't something I fully appreciated until now that I have been married a little more than four years. I needed inspiration. I needed this today. I read some then I wrote this:


I Have Not Forgotten

A tear did fall, then turned to two
Then streamed another 
I thought 
attached to you
Tears fell or fallen
I did not though
I held my stance
I remember our vow
Our wedding day
A blur now

I'd give in
I stay true
I know not
attached to you
Tears fell and have fallen
Slow and true
As last night
I held on to you

Gone are the days
I dreamt of love
To know heaven
Sent from above
Instead I swallow
Once what I knew
To be pride
As I promised
Forever I'd be a bride

Tears fell last night
Yes they did indeed
As I thought
Of your selfless greed
Selfless yes selfless
this without me
The promise 
Forgotten
Matrimony





No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say... leave a comment

Sociable