Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lucy and Laughter

Today, I am reading a book I found, dust covered, about Lucy Carmichael. I have read the first few pages then, skipped around, as usual trying to find the laughs. I didn't find every paragraph hilarious like I had expected. Although, as I read along the story seems to unfold and is quite revealing. I find myself wanting to google each and every name mentioned. As I am reading the book for some strange reason I cannot help but think about the voice of an English man. When I am finished with this book I'll have to let you know if I have learned anything. I suspect there is a lesson to be learned. I am just not too sure what that lesson might be. However, after having read the first few pages I think the lesson in this book just might be about friendship. I think friendship has set the tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say... leave a comment

Sociable