Sunday, January 29, 2012

So Much More

This is a response to a challenge at Imaginary Garden with Real Toads.



























Attention to virtue
Faces constant time
Decoration beyond
Description divine

I see not what is
Seen or said
Or sheen or shed
I see vows

My own former delight
Mixed amongst despair
About another's trite
Quite without, I mean

I might find insight
Somewhere someday
But as for now
I see delay

Indeed today, delay
Former resentment
Of all winding hands
Who disguise sentiment

Decorations fade
If the time
Lies to decor
There is more

7 comments:

  1. Your word-play here is both clever and wise. A delight to read. And, love your blog title! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I have thought about changing it many times... But I am always saying Oh... So...

      Delete
  2. I found that picture of the Tourneau clocks especially interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "I might find insight, somewhere someday, but as for now, I see delay." I've felt like this many times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I got chills .. love the last 4 lines .. its so amazing to see/read how many different reactions/poems are inspired by a single photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment. It was a beautiful photo to work with.

      Delete
  5. Attention to virtue
    Faces constant time

    I find that a very interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say... leave a comment

Sociable