Monday, January 9, 2012

Silent



I don't always want to be the one
To stand up and say hello
I prefer to be the girl
Who sits in the back row

I like to watch
The people talk
Shift so insincere
My words all kept
Inside of me
Held back by all my fear

Useless
Are the ones who
Will sit behind the crowd
Or so they say
The ones that do
Not notice until now

I see and hear
Oh yes I do
And others just like me
Sing the same
In their approach
Careful as could be

Forgive them
Though do not forget
And move along the way
There's nothing more
To really see
Or think or so or say

1 comment:

  1. There are blessings in being quiet and observing...I tend to just jump out in the middle of life and make a splash. My noise at times has me thinking I should be quieter, but I grew up a middle child who was always saying, "I am here. Why do you ignore me?" A wonderful piece Hannah.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say... leave a comment

Sociable