Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life to Love and Hold Forever


A challenge from 

1. Pen - words
2. Paper - possibilities
3. White - trust
4. A cross with flowers - Hope
5. A clock - decoration
6. File cabinet - structure
7. Pictures of my Son Sam who passed away- remembrance and a sinking feeling of the life he should have had.
8. This computer- an outlet and savior from silence
9. Dirty laundry- what I should be doing
10. Refurbished desk- resilience















One writes
Endless possibilities
On paper
And trusts
Someday
The time will come
To decorate
With strength
And structure
To love
And hold
From birth
Then beyond

Life should
Always stay

It should

Young ones
We should never forget
However 
There are these names
Without 
A single permit

People 
They carry on
In life
However dull indeed
Although
There is one simple question
How do they live with greed

Take a life
So special
I left him
With my trust
Not knowing
Of future deception
I now live my life in disgust

Hope
Yes I do
Forgive
Yes I should
Devour all the memories
I once did find her good

But
What if
I never
left him
My heart
My Child
Our Life

12 comments:

  1. Hannah, this is unbelievably painful - to write let alone share those darkest moments of personal despair. To lose a child is tragic, but at the hands of another person, unconscionable. We have a right to trust in a society that cares for its children. Your words have touched me deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hannah, I want to hug you! I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine your pain. I hope you can find a way to heal! I admire your honesty and bravery to share this painful truth~ I'm sad for you, your husband, your family. I hurt for you~
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah- Bless you! This is heartfelt and honest. I'm so glad you are able to get your feelings out in this beautiful poetry. I pray that justice will be done. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving and deeply sad, yet full of strength. It is one of the hardest things in life, to meet loss with hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, Hannah. Your honesty is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you KC. It's always good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to everyone for leaving a comment. I enjoy the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hannah, your poem is written from the depths of sadness and regret. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. What a tragedy to lose him when you left him with someone else. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hannah, I am so sorry for your loss. Such honest pain communicated in your piece. What strength it must have taken to pen it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unbelievable pain, Hannah, of the kind no one should ever know, and yet you've written of it beautifully and simply. My heart goes out to you.
    K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no words. Just emotion. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say... leave a comment

Sociable