Thursday, January 5, 2012

I am up late at night watching Disney cartoons with my son because he woke up in the middle of the night. This isn't an uncommon event. Okay, so it happens every night. What can I say. My husband works nights so I spend a lot of time with my little guy cuddled up watching TV. Anyway, I have come to the conclusion all this late night television is invading my dreams. The other night I had this fantastic dream about half human sea creatures. I haven't seen The Little Mermaid in years so I never put the connection to the scene in my dream to the movie. In my dream a half human creature wraps himself around a woman and emerges with legs. I so never imagined I was subconsciously dreaming up another version of Ursula the Sea witch. These late night cartoons have also got me thinking about the writers behind them? Some of children's cartoons are educational and others have fantastic morals beneath their cheerful voices and careful artwork. Who are the people who  create these shows? What is it that provokes them to do so?

4 comments:

  1. When I fall asleep watching cartoons, this happens to me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and now I know where my prompt for the Indie Ink challenge came from! It's a good one, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mamma Zen, I am glad to hear I am in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherree,
    I'm glad. I hope you can do something with it. I'm a dreamer but not a great story writer.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say... leave a comment

Sociable